Uunguu Visitor Pass
COVID-19 ACCESS TO WUNAMBAL GAAMBERA COUNTRY
From 25th February 2021, all Wunambal Gaambera Country Visitor Locations, including Punamii-Uunpuu (Mitchell Falls), are open for visitation for the 2021 season. Munurru (King Edward River), Mertens (Mitchell River National Park) and Walsh Point campgrounds are also open for visitation in a COVIDSafe way.
Our highest priority remains to ensure that we all remain safe and continue to follow the directions of the Australian and State Governments to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
WGAC will review the constant, changing nature of COVID-19 and if required, for the safety of Wunambal Gaambera people, staff and visitors, close at-risk visitor locations.
Check Uunguu Coast and Ngauwudu visitor locations HERE.
Purchase Uunguu Visitor Pass for Independent Travellers and Tour Operators HERE.
We look forward to welcoming visitors back and sharing Wunambal Gaambera Country with you this season.
UUNGUU VISITOR PASS
The Uunguu Visitor Pass (UVP) is now required for visitors by road, air and coast, enabling people to enjoy an authentic Uunguu experience – sharing in our unique Wanjina Wunggurr culture and beautiful savannah and coastal landscapes.
If you are an independent traveller and visiting by 4WD or aircraft, you need a Ngauwudu Road Zone pass, which includes access to the Punamii-Uunpuu (Mitchell Falls) walking track track and Mitchell Plateau Airfield (MIP). Family passes are available.
If you are an independent traveller visiting by boat, sea plane or helicopter you need an Onshore Access pass for the Uunguu Coast Zone.
Tour Operators click here for more information.
The UVP enables Wunambal Gaambera people to look after our land and saltwater Country for future generations.
When you buy a UVP, you will be helping Wunambal Gaambera people achieve significant Wunambal Gaambera healthy country targets:
- Build leadership in the tourism industry on our Country.
- Establish managed visitor sites and facilities at key locations, with Uunguu Rangers and Traditional Owners welcoming, guiding, sharing culture and how we keep our Country healthy.
- Grow our Uunguu Ranger Team’s visitor management capacity.
- Provide cultural expertise and support for registered tour operators.
- Develop our own authentic “Uunguu Experience” tourism products and ventures.
- Expand, improve and maintain visitor access infrastructure and facilities.