Uunguu Visitor Pass
UUNGUU VISITOR PASS
The Uunguu Visitor Pass (UVP) is required for each visitor by road, air and coast, enabling people to enjoy an authentic Uunguu experience – sharing in our unique Wanjina Wunggurr culture and beautiful savannah and coastal landscapes.
As a communal need to manage visitor demands, Wunambal Gaambera people have collectively authorised over 50 places we
call Visitor Locations in Wunambal Gaambera Country open to visitors.
Visitors need to obtain a UVP to access these Visitor Locations. As part of our communal need, the UVP is a modern and practical way for us and our ancestors (images in our rock art) to know who is travelling in our country.
Independent Travellers (not travelling on a commercial tour) visiting by 4WD or aircraft, need a Ngauwudu Road Zone pass, which includes access to Punamii-Uunpuu (Mitchell Falls) walking track and Mitchell Plateau Airfield (MIP). Family passes are available.
Independent Travellers visiting by boat, sea plane or helicopter need an Onshore Access pass for the Uunguu Coast Zone.
Tour Operators click here for more information.
The UVP enables Wunambal Gaambera people to look after our land and sea Country for future generations.
When you buy a UVP, you will be helping Wunambal Gaambera people achieve significant Wunambal Gaambera healthy country targets:
- Build leadership in the tourism industry.
- Grow the Uunguu Ranger Team’s visitor management capacity.
- Establish managed visitor sites and facilities, with Uunguu Rangers and Traditional Owners welcoming, guiding, sharing culture and the work we do.
- Maintain, improve and expand tourism infrastructure and facilities at Visitor Locations.
- Rock art maintenance and cultural heritage.
- Provide cultural expertise and support for registered tour operators.
- Develop our own authentic “Uunguu Experience” tourism products and ventures.
View our UVP Terms and Conditions before accessing Wunambal Gaambera Country.
Check Uunguu Coast and Ngauwudu (Mitchell Plateau) Road Zone visitor locations HERE.
Check roads are open before setting out. For Gibb River Road, view road updates with Main Roads and for Kalumburu Road and Port Warrender Rd check Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley for updates. Also view our fire and safety information before setting off.
COVID-19 ACCESS TO WUNAMBAL GAAMBERA COUNTRY
Our priority is to keep our people and our country healthy. We strongly recommend all visitors are vaccinated. We ask that any unvaccinated visitors who are engaging with Traditional Owners at any of our Visitor Locations, on a guided tour or in a vehicle, to please wear a mask.